The Uncharted Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uncharted Age

This is the age of space travel and advanced science, what will you do?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tharin D. Runner

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeraz

Tharin D. Runner Empty
PostSubject: Tharin D. Runner   Tharin D. Runner I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 5:37 am

Name: Tharin D. Runner

Class: Thief/spy/smuggler/pirate/soldier of fortune/stand up comedian/chinese fortune cookie writer, anything he is paid to do, although he tends to gravitate to the shadier side of life

Looks: Six and a half feet tall. 80 kilos. Slim, strong but not bulky. Usually wears a lot of heavy clothing due to his exposure to most environments. Experience has taught him that wearing too much is usually better than wearing too little. Brown hair that is usually cut roughly with a throwing knife he keeps in his boot. Keeps a pistol at his side. It still uses projectiles (bullets) as lasers and the like tend to be refracted, run out of power too fast, expensive, and lack power. His bullets are beyond the armour piercing capabilities of today's weapons, and are hardened enough to blast through most metals. His gun is also designed for speed being faster than most fire arms. His current jacket is thick and dark brown with any pockets. He wears a thick vest and two shirts underneath that, and a pair of very thick pants, and a pair of transient boots. Transient boots are boots that are almost imperviable to any type of exposure, including water, acid, extreme heat or cold, or electricity.

Personality: Greedy and humorous. He likes to banter and bait people, and usually manages to avoid a fight, though he is an excellent brawler. He is most comfortable on planets, but spends a large amount of his time on space stations, space ships, and space colonies. Is very easy going, but very serious when he has a job. Has no loyalty to people who aren't his friends, and although he will take money from virtually anyone to do a job, he tends to avoid certain parties who he finds are questionable, the government for example. His favourite food and drinks are ones he doesn't have to pay for, and is usually the first to jump at the idea of a free meal. Is hardly ever conservative, preferring large showy entrances and meetings. He has immense loyalty to his friends, though will never part with money for one. He spends a large amount of time gambling, but because he is a naturally good gambler, and has enhanced reflexes, he usually wins more than he loses. Although he blows it all on slot machines in the end. He is also highly curious about ghost stories, often attempting to explore "haunted" crafts.

Abilities:He went for lung enhancement surgery, allowing him to survive for longer periods without oxygen. His eyes are also enhanced due to a side effect from a pain killer drug he once took, giving him adjusted night vision. This means he has night vision when it gets darker. His senses are also enhanced from breathing in smog from the mines in Pluto. Excellent marksman, very quick draw with a pistol. Has retrieved military training in hand to hand combat, knows a combination of sambo and jujiutsu, to restrain enemies, and if nessacary break necks. Trained in most weapons, tends to stick to dog fights if pressed. Crafty and creative, he often uses his surroundings to his advantage. He is a fast runner capable of running long distances without tiring. Has a high threshold for pain. Moderately good pilot of most major and improvised air crafts.

Reasonably good thief and pick pocket. Can forge keys and various types of technology. Is very good at jury rigging objects if he doesn't have the appropriate parts around, e.g. Creating a high powered laser out of a battery and a dismembered compass. Speaks most languages and dialects, if he doesn't he can usually pick it up quite fast. Is unable to read any language except the Basic ones (Not sure what these are in this universe).

Natural tactician, has led several small units into battle against opponents who both outnumbered but out classed them. Excellent improvisational actor, and has a great deal of contacts spread throughout the system from most walks of life. He can usually rely on them as a system of information.

History:
Tharin was born in 3046 on a space station cruising the alpha centurion line. He was raised on state sponsored education software, and lived on Pluto for most of his childhood. His parents were miners, because of this he often ran out to explore the mines, leaving for days at a time to explore the intricate tunnel and shaft system. Observing the hydrolic carts used for transport that could move at up to 12000 miles an hour, and the systems of machinery that surrounded. He learnt tech creation and forging from an old earth inventor who had been banished for theft of the mayors cue ball collection. Ironically enough Tharin received lessons by giving the inventor cue balls, showing that crime can never be curbed.

When he was 6 he wandered into a population space vessel, (Able to hold 1200 people not including crew) that was on a journey to Mars. By the time his parents realised he was gone, he was gone. He was treated as a stowaway, but because it was a three month voyage they let him join the ship. Because he was friendly the pilot taught him mecha and space ship piloting skills in their spare time. While it wasn't a lot and he didn't get to practise on a real ship or mecha, he got the basic instruction. It was around this time he began getting into fights, and learning the gentle art of street fighting.

When the journey was almost at an end the vessel was attacked by pirates. They boarded the ship and killed most of the crew, but while they were looting Tharin had managed to gain control of the Population vessel and using the driving skills he had picked up, rammed it into the pirate's ship. It didn't do lasting damage, but the pilot was impressed enough to give him a job. Starting as a deck boy, Tharin continued his education. Learning marksmanship, and eventually after befriending an expert gun maker on Mars, he recieved his own pistol, and he constantly tweaks and customizes to make faster and lighter.

The pirate ship was eventually hunted down by the government, and the crew made their final stand on a hideaway in Mercury. Because the crew had visited it before, Tharin led them on a strike against the enemy, using tactics and their superior knowledge of the terrain to drive away the government. But unfortunately an expert tactician and soldier known as Major Gai Hunter was called in. He was much better trained than the normal scouting crew and managed to turn the tables on Tharin. But he was impressed enough to offer the pirates jobs in the military instead of killing them. They recieved military training where tharin learnt Sambo, the mixed martial art of russia that survived due to its continued evolution, and jiujutsu, the japanese art of throws grapple and bone dislocation, which survived because of its strong roots and popularity among the masses. He was also trained in other forms of combat, including continued piloting lessons, tactics, basic medicine, and map reading. He eventually finished his sentence in the military, being dishonorably discharged for juggling plasma grenades at age 19.

By then he had made numerous contacts from thieves to doctors. And thus he began his period of aimless drifting and adventuring. Stricken by wanderlust, Tharin resolved to explore every part of the universe possibly. By 21 he was once again wanted by the government, though for more minor crimes.

He is currently a self described explorer, going from planet to planet any way he can, taking whatever jobs he find, and is eager to one day build, steal, or buy his own ship, and explore places off the edge of the map.

He still writes to his parents when he has the time.
Back to top Go down
unrealistic.entity

unrealistic.entity

Tharin D. Runner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tharin D. Runner   Tharin D. Runner I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 5:58 am

LOL. "THAT MEANS HE HAS NIGHT VISION WHEN IT GETS DARKER."

I stopped there...

Wtf, man? WTF? Who the fuck are you?

That sentence was COMPLETELY pointless... You just ran around a tree, and hit yourself in the back of the head... Wow. Ridiculous. I swear...

Haha.
Back to top Go down
http://loserfacerochelle.deviantart.com
Atreyuvision
Admin
Atreyuvision

Tharin D. Runner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tharin D. Runner   Tharin D. Runner I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 6:04 am

I don't think you should get night vision from taking a pain killer, if you are going to have that at least give a more reasonable way to have it...That be like if I took Tylenol one day and suddenly I could see through walls...Along with the heightened senses from inhaling smog from Pluto...Is the smog some sort of super drug? That sounds a bit far fetched...He also is very young to have so many abilities, that is a bit unreal. Tone him down a bit.
Back to top Go down
Inferoo357
Admin
Inferoo357

Tharin D. Runner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tharin D. Runner   Tharin D. Runner I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 6:04 am

I agree with Atreyu, and the smog on Pluto has no enhancement effects, niether is there even any smog on Pluto, explain your powers better, when you do you are:

approved!
Back to top Go down
https://uncharted-age.forumotion.net
Jeraz

Tharin D. Runner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tharin D. Runner   Tharin D. Runner I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 6:08 am

Well the night vision thing is because a bunch of illegal futuristic space drugs tend to cause the system to shake up a bit. Areas of the brain get altered and damaged, especially the part that reacts to light. That becomes far more enhanced, and causes the night vision. In other words they were a side effect that could have otherwise killed him or make him go blind.

And the reason why he gets it when it gets darker, is because constant night vision would mean hypersensitivity to light. That means on a bright day you still have night vision-esque sight you would go blind. It would be too sensitive. So he only gets it when it gets darker. Understand?

And there's always smog as a side product of burning things. It might be better filtered, but in the end all technology is run by some form of energy. And almost in all cases that has a side effect. I just assumed something would be burnt and cause something to come off. Even if it's hard to find, a 6 year old child who wanders into places might very easily find some brain altering smog to boost his nerve system.

Last edited by Jeraz on Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Inferoo357
Admin
Inferoo357

Tharin D. Runner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tharin D. Runner   Tharin D. Runner I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 6:10 am

sure, ok
Back to top Go down
https://uncharted-age.forumotion.net
Atreyuvision
Admin
Atreyuvision

Tharin D. Runner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tharin D. Runner   Tharin D. Runner I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 6:19 am

See, now that you explained things it makes a lot more sense...Because I really thought you were trying to say you took Tylenol one day and BAM night vision. Alright man, good luck and have fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tharin D. Runner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tharin D. Runner   Tharin D. Runner I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tharin D. Runner
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Uncharted Age :: Creation :: Character Creation :: Approved Characters-
Jump to: